Monday, December 17, 2007

Running and Eating - Week of 12/10/07

With the festive season upon us, I had several holiday parties and lunches this past week and therefore a big incentive to squeeze in workouts to counteract all of the eating. There was a couple of tree trimming parties which are always fun for me (since I don't have a tree of my own) and a fan favorite NYRR race to end the week (the Holiday 4 miler). Also we are in the midst of election season (Flyers, not presential) and I was able to hear all of the great candidates kick off their campaigning at our meet the candidates brunch. Here is the exercise for week:

Monday - off
Tuesday - Spinning
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - 6 miles with the "group run" (me and fellow blogger JL of Antisociology fame) in the cold and snow
Friday - Abs and weights
Saturday - 4 mile pre run and Holiday 4 miler for a total of 8 (long run for the week)
Sunday - 6 miles in the gym on the treadmill (ugh!!!) - running on the treadmill is usually a last resort for me. I hate it and try to avoid it at all costs.

In an effort to get in a longer run this week, I decided to run 4 miles before the Holiday 4 miler in addition to the race itself. It was a crisp, cold day on Saturday and a great day for running (with the appropriate layering). Fellow Flyer JT and I took it easy for the entire 8 miles and were able to have some fun. It was nice to take a race at an easy pace for a change. This was my last NYRR race of 2007, which makes 14 races for the year. It's time to soon reflect on the year and look forward to a great 2008.

3 comments:

JohnnyGo said...

Congrats on a great year! With 14 races under your belt, you can run the Holiday 4 miler any way you want!

Anonymous said...

OK, so it's a new week, what have you got????

Planning any big races for 08?? I think I will make my debut at the Bronx Half, unless someone talks me into NY Half a month earlier.

Nice seeing you last weekend.

Keep runnin', stay healthy, and check your email! HEIDI

brunettechicagogal said...

You are rockin on the weekly workouts! Do a few loops around CP for me!