Monday, December 24, 2007

Week of 12/17/07 - Out With the Old, In With the New (sneakers)

With the holidays still here and some traveling back and forth from home, I was afraid that I would have to skimp on the running this week. Luckily, we were able to get out of work early on Friday and I was able to squeeze in a 10 miler that day. The weekly long run has now become a comfortable part of my routine and I'm looking to keep it up for as long as I can. Because of it, I feel confident to run a half marathon earlier in the year than I usually would. The only thing I missed out on this week was my abs/weights day - oh well.

Monday - off
Tuesday - spinning at 41st and Third near work
Wednesday - 4 miles in the park (I had to get this done quick since I was meeting my brother and cousin for dinner)
Thursday - off
Friday - 10 miles on my own (6 mile loop and 4 mile loop) - Since I was going home for the holidays over the weekend, I was afraid if I didn't get in the long run today then it would be lost
Saturday - Off (at home in Rockland with my family eating)
Sunday - 5 miles on the treadmill - first day of my new sneakers (staying with the Silver/Blue New Balance 767) - they felt good and for the first time in a few runs my shins didn't hurt (not shin splits but more pressure on the muscles on the outside of my shins - especially the right one)

Pretty basic week.

No comments: