Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's Go Time...

It looks like the weather is going to be in the 70s and possibly the 80s for the race tomorrow, which is obviously a lot hotter than I was hoping for. However, there is nothing I can do about it now except properly prepare for a hot weather race. I have been trying to get sufficient sleep the past couple of days and I have been hydrating as much as possible, as well as slightly increasing my salt intake. Yesterday, I even went for a 5 mile run in the middle of the day to try to get a glimpse of what it might feel like running in the heat on Sunday. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (temps were in the high 70s), however there was a lot of shade to run through in the park and the humidity was relatively low. I kept the pace consistent and felt pretty good with little strain. There is not much more I can do at this point. The work and training has been put in and now I'll see what I am made up. While these are not ideal conditions, they very rarely are.

Advice to myself for tomorrow: stay calm, stay steady, stay consistent and stay hydrated. This will keep my mind clear, my body in sync and prevent any waste of energy. I am going to need all of it in the later miles...Let's hope for a good race!

No comments: