Sunday, November 16, 2008

One Week To Go

Although there were no more long runs left, I made sure to keep up with my training schedule. I don't want to overdue it during the taper, but I feel the need to keep busy running. My Bob Glover NYRR program told me to run 24 miles this week and that is exactly what I did - three runs of 6 miles and a 5 miler today which felt really good. Since I want to take next week as easy as possible, I used this past week's runs more as tempo runs going at a brisk pace but not all out.

I'm starting to get excited and checking off all of the things that I need to get done. The hotel is booked and I already printed out my bus ticket. I was originally taking the train but a bunch of us will all be taking the bus up together. Knowing that it will probably be cold, I made some purchases at the Niketown store and the Supper Runner's Shop picking up a fleece hat and microfiber skullcap. I made sure to not start checking the weather until 10 days prior, knowing that no matter what the weather report says, a lot can change in a week and a half. I checked it today and so far the weather looks pretty favorable - chilly and sunny. I will cross my fingers and pray that it stays that way. I don't really care if it is sunny or not, I just hope that there is no precipitation.

Well, 17 weeks of training and 3 twenty milers down and only 7 days remain. Am I ready - I hope so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are ready!!! You must be so excited, I am excited for you. Can't wait to read all about it. Smart move to hit up Niketown and the runners shop for some new gear.
Have a great low key week.

JohnnyGo said...

You are so ready. Go down there and show 'em how it's done!

The Laminator said...

You kidding me...you've never been more ready for anything in your life. Your persistence and diligence will pay off big time for you. I'm excited for the show to begin. Get ready to rock Philadelphia! Woohoo!